13 December, 2009

My friend asked me to answer some questions on blogging for her assignment.

QUESTIONNAIRE

NAME: ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ Sonu Anand

PROFESSION: Not Sure

 My friend asked me to answer some questions on blogging for her assignment

1.       Is Internet the most consumed media for you? What about other media habits?

No, it is not true for me at least, I watch a lot of television, watch every weeks new releases, read news papers.  But yes, internet is a part of life now without being online for a few hours it feels uneasy… So, I am planning to buy a black berry mobile so that I can be online 24 hours ( smiles)  and then Internet will be the most consumed media for me.

 

 

2.       When did you start blogging?

 

I don't remember exactly but I think I started around November'08. It was friend Sujit Philipose who opened sonuanand.co.cc on blogger.com for me and having a website in my name inspired me to blog more.

 

 

 

3.       How often do you blog?

 

Since I love to blog I try to keep posting regularly my target is 2-3 posts a week but sometimes due to work or on some days  you don't feel like writing…. the average comes to once a week. 

  

 

 

4.       Why do you blog? (reasons and motives behind it)

 

Why I blog……….( thinks)…I do it because somewhere I feel satisfied that I can share what I think I can reach out to people…. It is a overwhelming experience to know people have read your thoughts and even commented on it. Also, here I think my personality comes in picture as I am a person who keeps to himself most of the time in spite of being an actor I am shy and introvert if you want to say it that way….. So, I need a window where I can release whatever is inside me… or I feel suffocated... as being a person interested in arts… I have the urge to express my self…. I will like to give you my poem where I have discussed why exactly I want to write… It will give you a clear picture. http://www.sonuanand.co.cc/2009/05/i-want-to-write.html

 

 

 

5.       What are the general topics? How do you select them?

 

For me there is nothing as general topic or anything…. Name of my blog is "Learning the right way" so I discuss what is happening in my life what is a right way… or what I learned by some experience. If  I choose a different subject from the society that is not really a part of my life then it has to be close to my heart. While bloging I think with my heart and my mind is at rest at that time.

 

 

6.       Does your education/ profession affect your writing style, concerns, issues?

 

Definitely it does…… Yes whatever I write is somewhat happenings of my professional life and my writing style is because of the good or bad education that I got. And since I earn a livelihood from my professional life this is the only issue and concern of my life and when I get time and every thing is smooth in my professional life I may touch other topics.

 

 

 

7.       What is the nature of the stuff on your blog? Is it simply text, photo blogging, pod casting, etc.?

 

It is simply text and photos sometimes to support the blog post.

 

 

 

 

8.       Do you receive any comments on your blog? Any unknown ones? Do you reply to that? Does it generate any sort of discussion?

 

Yes, all the time. If my post is good  I  get good responses  and if it is bad there are no comments J Yes I reply to each and every comment as it is necessary,  your motive of  bloging is that people read it, same goes with comments, conversation started has to carry forward, as it shows you respect the person who has read and commented on your post.  To the last part of your question ya, sometimes discussions do happen but not all the time as most readers don't contradict your views if they do not  agree they choose not to comment. As, no one wants to be in the bad books of  anyone or to say hurt anyone but some head strong people do start a discussion .

 

 

9.       Do you have any followers? If yes, how many? What kind of feedbacks do you receive?

 

Yes , I do have followers. My blog is followed by 7 readers and many who don't wish to be registered but they follow. As one of them is my brother. When I didn't blog for 10-15 days he said what happened to your blog… I read it and really like it so keep writing. So, you can never exactly know how many people exactly follow your blog. About feedbacks they are encouraging. They boost-up your enthusiasm level.

 

 

 

 

 

10.   Which other blogs do you read? Do you follow anybody? Why?

 

I read many blogs around 10-15 of them regularly. Yes, I follow quite a few blogs the reason being I am interested in the content what the blog owners write. For example there is a blog by my blog friend Smita she reviews books on a regular basis  and I being a keen reader read regularly to know what books she has read  and I find her reviews authentic most the time better than newspaper reviews.

 

 

 

 

11.   Do you indulge in Twitter/ Micro blogging?

 No Priyanka….not yet but I plan to maybe after I get my blackberry J

 

12.   Do you feel being in a position of sender while blogging? Do you consciously use any medium? (with intention of bringing about some change or results?)

 

Yes, and when you ask me do I consciously use any medium to bring about change then I would like to say no….. I don't write to bring change I just want to express. If my writing affects somebody well and good but to  write something to get some results or  change the society makes it fake. Even if you see for example films I will say a film made to spread across a message fails real bad  for ex. "Swades".. the whole film was good to watch but it was preachy and no one likes people who are preachy…. As they have lived such a long part of live learning and under pressure… that they hate things that are preachy in life, everyone wants relief when they look for entertainment they want entertainment and if you take example of "Rang De Basanti" it was  out and out fun and drama film. It was a hit because it didn't try to be preachy it said a story and people got the moral of the story and took it in positive stride. So, taking these things in mind I write what I feel not what I want others to feel.  

 

 

13.   Do any social relationships get formed while blogging? (virtual social interactions) Do you meet them socially?

 

Yes, those people who come regularly to your blog become your friends and you wait for their comment and when you don't see their comment in a day or two you call them up and ask why they have not read your latest post  till now. I have not meet any one by now but I am going to meet one of my blog friends soon.

 

 

 

 

14.   Will you prefer Blog over E-mail? Why?

 

Any day, because blogs are not address specific…. The reach of blog is larger more than the E-mail addresses you know.

 

 

15.   Which happening in the society might lead you to blog?

 

I have not written about society till now and may not write until I feel affected by something. Something that makes me want to speak out.

 

 

 

16.   Is credibility of information losing because of blogs?

 

No, It is a misconception. A blog is no news website

 

 

17.   Do you think mainstream media takes notice to certain issues if you write something on your blog? (Eg, the 'Pink Chaddi Campaign' started as a blog campaign and became a concern for the whole world)

 

Yes, if a particular post manages to draw a larger audience or excite certain media persons.

 

 

 

18.   Do you think blogging will be a strong medium in mainstream media in 5 years from now?

 

No, as it is free for everyone to do it. It will be a medium but not that strong. As blogs are referred to as personal opinion of individuals. But I agree that it will be a voice it maybe feeble but there will be sound.

 

 

19.   Do you feel Blog censorship should be there?

 

I don't think there is a need of censorship for blogs as it is a personal choice of an individual as to visit particular blog site or not. We should consider an adult mature enough to take their decisions. Blogs are no television that a child while changing channels can come across. But the people need to be aware of the government as it can try to control like the Chinese government is doing but we being a democracy need not worry. But if it happens in our country I know the junta can handle it and make the government pay for it by replacing them next time . J

 

 

 

20.   What are the negative aspects of Blogs?

 

There are no negative aspects…….(thinking) …….I can  think of only one some idiots can be abusive in their language which may hurt the sentiment of the reader but the reader has got all right to never visit that idiotic blog again J

 

PS. Priyanka Bose, my friend a student of Mass communication was doing an assignment on blogging and had prepared a questionire. She wanted me to answer them after answering the questions I thought I should put it in my blog.

 

Sonu Anand.

3 comments:

Priyanka said...

'm highly obliged...makes me feel really good :)
thankz for puttin' it up here!
*cheers*

sonuanand17 said...

:-)u r welcome but i really like it.. CHEERS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

honest answers..keep it up..

33 Dream Cafe

 I am Supposed to be writing a script for a feature film right now.. But why am I writing this... Whatever this is. I couldn't write at ...