15 December, 2012

guilt

Guilt of Insulting a fictional character!!!

I have been living with a guilt. Felt like an opportunist who uses other people’s misery. You can say something like that news reporter who asks after a dear one dies how do you feel???
I am a writer and I write about  life. The way I see writing is painting the picture as it is and a little beautification and joining the dots. Nothing else. I say you can create only from what is there. Writing is not magic that you create something from the air.. or  something that doesn't exist.. You only make a tree if you had the seed in the first place.. Obviously a person has imagination but they can imagine what they have seen before.. like I have seen a bird fly.. I know there is a idea called flying.. so a human may also fly.. I write it down and name that person Superman. The same thing goes for inventions too… wright brothers had the concept of flying that is the reason they tried to invent airplanes and finally accomplished it.
What I coming to is that taking inspiration and being inspired by life is not wrong but healthy. What is wrong  is going overboard or humiliating that sketch of a real person on whom you have based the character. Obviously, they will never be able to know. Reading about them they will not know it is them. They will think the character is so similar to them.
Oh I keep deviating from the main issue.. The thing is when you insult a fictional person. You cannot apologize. And you have to live with that.  I did so in a short film that I was writing. Everything was good about the film.. I had written mostly as I had known the story. The girl is forced into sex trade. What I did was named the film WHORE.. just because people will be attracted to it and they will see it. Because according to the trend these controversial title’s work well. (I think i did it because of this.. i don't know)

I am so sorry for being insensitive. I cannot say how bad I have felt. Not because what people will think about my thought process. Okay somewhere that is there too. But when I won’t insult a real person in life no matter how they behave with me. I don’t do that to the fictional one too. even if they are mere reflections of the real person. I don’t want to sound like a person who would profit himself with the misery of someone else. If the story comes forward  in front of people it should only be to make them aware. Not, every story is entertainment. And it is sad to be using monkey tricks.
I don’t think I am going to do  this again.  What I don’t like personally I should not do.
If I feel guilty that means I made a mistake .. the sad part is I can’t say sorry to Sunaina.
I just want to tell her I wrote her story with honesty. I just goofed up to make it popular which is not necessary.
Hope it is made and I am renaming it to Sunaina.
Because the story is about a fighter who comes out of a difficult situation and finds life. Full Stop. 


No comments:

33 Dream Cafe

 I am Supposed to be writing a script for a feature film right now.. But why am I writing this... Whatever this is. I couldn't write at ...